We are thrilled to announce that following the recent NSW government announcements, we are re-opening our reservations. Bookings will be available from Monday 25 October onwards. Make a booking >
Cocktail Recipe: Tommy’s Margarita
Learn to make a delicious Tommy’s Margarita at home with Applejack Group Bars Manager Lachy!
The Tommy’s Margarita is a crowd favourite at all Applejack restaurants and now our Group Bars Manager Lachy Sturrock shares his recipe for the cocktail for you to make at home, using only 3 ingredients!
The Tommy’s Margarita was invented by Tequila legend Julio Bermejo at Tommy’s Mexican Restaurant in San Francisco, California. The key differences between the Tommy’s and a Classic Margarita is; the use of Agave nectar, instead of Orange liqueur. A Tommy’s Margarita is also served over ice, instead of straight up, and more times than not – no salt rim.
- 60ml Calle 23 Blanco Tequila
- 30ml fresh lime juice
- 15ml Crawley’s Agave Syrup, available to order online at Dan Murphy’s, although you can find an alternative agave at any health food store.
- 1 lime wedge or wheel
- First, chill your cocktail glass with ice and set aside
- Add all your ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well for 10-15 seconds.
- Double strain your cocktail into your chilled glass over ice, and garnish with a healthy wedge or wheel of lime.
Watch Lachy make this cocktail on our IGTV and recreate this favourite at home!