We’re making waves with our latest URBNSURF Sydney food & beverage update! Find out more >
Applejack challenged you to develop a restaurant concept using artificial intelligence tools, and now we’re bringing the winning idea to life!
During March – April 2023, Applejack held a competition that offered an exciting opportunity for participants to explore the potential of AI technology in the restaurant industry and work with our team to bring their ideas to life.
Introducing LUMINARY, the winning restaurant concept created through ChatGPT by Stefanie Wee. For one week, we will pop up LUMINARY at RAFI North Sydney, captivating guests in an immersive culinary adventure, as light, food and drinks intertwine to ignite your senses. Join us 29 July – 5 August for LUMINARY at RAFI.
Keep reading to learn more about the competition.
How To Guide
Step 1: Jump onto an AI platform today, start asking it to create your dream restaurant. Prompt the AI tool to create everything from the restaurant name, menus, logo style, fit out + more. Some websites to help you get started:
Step 2: Screen shot/record your final concept so we know which AI platform you’ve used. For more details on how to screen record your screen click here >
Step 3: Submit the details via email firstname.lastname@example.org including all screen shots/recordings of your AI chats plus any images to accompany your submission.
Submissions close on Sunday 30th April 2023.
View the video below to see an example of prompts we used on ChatGPT:
The below concept images were created using Open AI platform DALL-E, to create the look & feel of restaurants with hanging greenery and rattan chairs.
Once the winning concept has been selected by the Applejack team, we will contact the winner via email and start the process of bringing your idea to life for a pop-up event.
On the pop-up evening:
- Culinary Director, Patrick Friesen, will bring your menu to life.
- RAFI Bar Manager, Cameron Freno, will shake & stir your drinks.
- Our experienced front of house team will welcome & serve your guests.
- Applejack’s in-house design & marketing team will turn your restaurant vision into a reality.
The winner will see their restaurant concept take over one of our Applejack restaurants for one-night only, and secure themselves a VIP table for 6 people on the house. The two runners up will receive 2 complimentary tickets to join us on the evening.
This is your chance to make your culinary dreams come true and see your AI restaurant concept come to life!
This competition is now closed. Click here to book into the winning concept ‘LUMINARY’ popping up at RAFI North Sydney 29 July – 5 August.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
AI can be defined as the ability of a computer or machine to perform tasks that typically require human intelligence and the concept is becoming an increasingly hot-topic in recent years!
In regards to the hospitality industry, people can now bring their restaurant ideas to life, by using tools to help create the name, brand story, logo, menu and much more for a concept, before leaning on the expertise of Chefs, Bartenders, Managers, Marketing experts and branding teams to bring the concept to life.
“As a company, we are committed to embracing technology to enhance our productivity, and our use of AI tools is a prime example of this. We are excited to see how this technology can augment our capabilities, but we want to make it clear that it will never replace our human workforce. Our team members are at the heart of everything we do, and we believe that by working in tandem with AI tools, we can achieve even greater success together.” – Joanna Steuart, Director of Marketing and Partnerships.
Terms & Conditions:
– Entrants must be 18 years old or over.
– Submissions must include a minimum of restaurant name, food menu, drinks menu.
– Submissions must be via email.
– You must prove that you’ve used an AI tool to develop your restaurant concept – screen shot/record the creation process.
– You agree to share your first name and restaurant concept with Applejack for marketing purposes.
– Applejack Directors will choose the winner based on creativity, ability to execute, availability of produce, best concept for the Sydney market.
– The winner, chosen by Applejack, will receive 6 complimentary tickets to the event.
– The 2 runners up, chosen by Applejack, will receive 2 complimentary tickets each to attend the event.
– RSA will apply on the event night.
– This competition is not endorsed or in affiliation with an artificial intelligence tool.