From bottomless brunches hosted by fabulous Queens to Archie Rose cocktail specials and bucket loads of glitter, we can’t wait to party this Mardi Gras. Find out more >
How Applejack are Looking After Their Staff During Lockdown
Applejack is working hard to ensure our staff are engaged and motivated during this lockdown.
From weekly trivia to cocktail tastings, find out how we are looking after our staff during this tough time.
We respect this latest lockdown has affected everyone so uniquely and we acknowledge you may need a little support, motivation or TLC right now. It can be a struggle at the moment to stay motivated and inspired during this time, so we thought we would share how we are keeping our staff engaged and inspired.
We have been keeping physically fit with our weekly Workout Wednesdays, putting our minds to the test with our trivia sessions and keeping up our training with weekly cocktail tastings. We have been working hard to find different ways to keep our staff happy, healthy and engaged!
Our HR team, managers and Applejack leaders have been working hard to stay in touch and be there for all our staff during this tough time. Our internal staff Facebook group is a place where we can share questions, photos, videos, jokes and everything in between, and has been an integral tool in keeping everyone connected during this time.
Here’s a little taste of some of the activities we’ve been running this lockdown:
- Weekly trivia night: Each Saturday night the Applejack crew get together for a night of trivia, hosted by a different member of the AJ family each week! Each trivia night features different themes, from the Olympics to crazy shirt night, it’s been great to put our general knowledge to the test.
- Workout Wednesday: Every Wednesday we’ve been hosting a variety of workout options for our team, from online sessions with F45, yoga, Pilates & now 98 Sydney, it’s been non-stop action.
- Weekly alcohol tastings: What better way to finish off the week than with a Friday afternoon cocktail masterclass courtesy of our friends at Pernod Ricard. So far, we’ve tasted our way through gin, whisky, Tequila, Mezcal & rum, with more to come!
- Applejack Care packs: Our amazing chefs got together at The Butler and cooked up a feast of delicious dishes for each of our Applejack staff, over 200 staff disbursed over Sydney!
- Pets of Applejack: Staff shared pictures of their pets, as we got to meet the furry friends behind the staff of Applejack.
- Weekly video updates from AJ owners Ben & Hamish: The boys have been keeping the Applejack staff updated throughout the lockdown, from the vaccine rollout, news, how they are going, and how they are planning on reopening, they are making sure staff are informed throughout the lockdown.
- Plus loads more such as the Applejack Run Club, competitions amongst staff to keep the rivalry and banter alive, sharing recipes, giving our staff access to free mental health support, and more!
By the end of lockdown, Applejack will have some of the fastest, fittest, smartest and well-fed hospitality staff in Sydney!
Want to join the Applejack family? We are always on the lookout for superstar staff to be part of our growing team.
News | Our top tips for staying motivated during these tough times.
Applejacks top tips for staying motivated in lockdown
We’ve compiled a few of our top tips on what we’re doing to stay inspired in lockdown and wanted to share them with you!